the bpython interpreter
“bpython is a fancy interface to the Python interpreter for Unix-like operating systems (I hear it works fine on OS X). It is released under the MIT License. It has the following features:
- In-line syntax highlighting.
- Readline-like autocomplete with suggestions displayed as you type.
- Expected parameter list for any Python function.
- “Rewind” function to pop the last line of code from memory and re-evaluate.
- Send the code you’ve entered off to a pastebin.
- Save the code you’ve entered to a file.
- Python 3 support.
sudo apt-get install bpython
Tip: add the following line to your
Then you can start the bpython interpreter with “
p“. Short and simple :)
- classic “python” interpreter