See Neal Caren’s tutorials and posts on Python and Big Data here: http://nealcaren.web.unc.edu/big-data/.
sudo apt-get install libevent-dev python-all-dev sudo pip install gevent
Nice tutorial on gevent: here.
“Marakana‘s raison d’être is to help people get better at what they do professionally. We accomplish this by organizing software training courses (both public and private) as well as publishing learning resources, sharing knowledge from industry leaders, providing a place to share useful tidbits and supporting the community. Our focus is open source software.”
Their Python videos are here.
Some video tutorials:
- TheNewBoston – Free Educational Video Tutorials on Computer Programming and More! » Python
- Python Videos, Tutorials and Screencasts
Ref.: python-list mailing list.
On my other blog, I wrote a post on how to extract the Python tutorials from Full Circle Magazine and join them in a single PDF.
For the lazy pigs, here is the PDF (6 MB). Get it while it’s hot :)
“Should I use Python 2 or Python 3?”
This is a very common question when someone wants to learn Python. Here is a nice article about this topic: http://wiki.python.org/moin/Python2orPython3.
(Thanks Jaume for the link.)
If you are ready to dive in Python 3, here are some tutorials:
- The official Python 3 tutorial (HTML, PDF)
- Further Python 3 docs (c-api.pdf, distutils.pdf, documenting.pdf, extending.pdf, faq.pdf, howto-advocacy.pdf, howto-cporting.pdf, howto-curses.pdf, howto-descriptor.pdf, howto-doanddont.pdf, howto-functional.pdf, howto-logging-cookbook.pdf, howto-logging.pdf, howto-pyporting.pdf, howto-regex.pdf, howto-sockets.pdf, howto-sorting.pdf, howto-unicode.pdf, howto-urllib2.pdf, howto-webservers.pdf, install.pdf, library.pdf, reference.pdf, tutorial.pdf, using.pdf, whatsnew.pdf)
- Dive Into Python 3 (HTML and PDF)
I follow the following simple guideline: I use that version of Python that comes with Ubuntu by default. In Ubuntu 10.10 it was Python 2.6, in Ubuntu 11.04 it’s Python 2.7. When they switch to Python 3.x, I will switch too.